Test Winner Axe with Ash Handle
Leveraxe, a Finnish Innovation has won a prestigious award from the Technical World Magazine (TM 18E/2016) wood splitting axe competition in October, 2016. This is just more proof of the Leveraxe’s splitting power and safety features. Competition competitors: Leveraxe Classic FI with composite handle (former name: Vipukirves 1 composite) - Fiskars X27 splitting axe XXL.
“Leveraxe’s main benefit to it’s user is safety. The blade is blunt and doesn’t glance off to the side if you hit the wood wrong.“ - Technical World Magazine 10/2016
“When splitting wood with Leveraxe, it is important to let the handle rotate in your hand. When this happen the Leveraxe’s splitting power is amazing.” - Technical World Magazine 10/2016
- The high quality steel blade is a precision-cast product made at Sacotec Components Oy in Riihimäki, Finland. Precision casting enables the choose of the best raw material so the blade is very strong.
- The blade is painted and finished by Aurajoki Oy in Turku, Finland.
- The handle material is a highly durable black composite, and it is carefree. The handle is our own production.
- The axe comes with a black leather blade cover. This special cover protects the blade during transport and storage.
- Length 90 cm / 35,5 in
- Weight 2,8 kg / 6,2 lb
VAT free price to non-EU countries 133,06 EUR / pc, you will see the VAT free price when you add your address details in the basket.
How does it works?
Leveraxe is a smart wood-splitting tool. Leveraxe is based on a lever mechanism and rotational action. The blade is attached from the side, not the center, which alters its center of gravity. After you hit a log, Leveraxe blade will break in few millimeters and then stops. At the same time counterweight on the right side of the blade forces the axe to fall sideways, splitting the log apart with ease. Because of that Leveraxe can handle any type and diameter wood. It is simply clever and safest axe in the world.
- Many times more splitting power
- Does not get stuck in the wood
- Safety elements stop movement
- You can split over hard ground
- The long handle reduces the risk of leg injury
- Does not jolt in the hand or injure the user’s wrists
- Works perfectly even when a bit dull
- The axe blade has a 10 year warranty
Learn more about Leveraxe: How to use
Take good care of your Leveraxe
Cover the blade after use and store it in a covered dry location. The paint will wear off from the parts that touch the wood, but this is normal. Oil the blade occasionally to prevent rust. You don't have to sharpen the blade too frequently, because it works perfectly even when a bit dull. The blade works dull because it sinks only about an inch into the wood and the blade spreads wood about 2 - 3 inches. You can sharpen the blade with the grinding stone or wheel. If using a wheel, you can finish it off with grindstone.
Wood becomes dry and shrinks in dry environments. This may cause the blade to become slightly loose, but the way it is attached to the handle ensures that the blade will not come off. You can prevent this loosening by storing your Leveraxe in the non-heated humid facility, e.g. woodshed, bathroom or outdoor storage room. If the handle still feels loose you can soak it in warm water until it is tight again.